I started taking advantage of when our local grocer puts avocados on sale 10 for $10 with the 11th free every few months, adjusted my recipe to create a larger quantity of avocados, and this has become my method for guacamole over the last year.
Guacamole :: Large Batch Recipe For the Freezer
Author: Renee - www.raisinggenerationnourished.com
- 5 ripe avocados
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and de-ribbed
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and juices scooped out
- ½ onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1-2 lemons (use at least one and to taste you can add more depending on the juiciness of your lemons)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Everything into the food processor and blend/pulse to desired consistency.
- Store in the fridge up to a week or in the freezer for months.
- This makes 4 pints of guacamole. I usually keep one pint out for lunch and freeze the rest. I have certainly doubled even this recipe and used 10 avocados. Especially if we haven’t seen that 10 for 10 sale in a while and we are a little avocado deprived!
- This recipe is quite kid friendly in taste – as in not a ton of heat. If you prefer more kick to your guac I recommend adding another jalapeno or 2, or adding come chipotle or cayenne!
- Freeze up in one serving portions to pop in the lunchboxes easy. Take them out of the freezer the night before and it will be thawed by their lunchtime!
- Other than using guacamole on taco salad night or taco night, I like doing guac at lunchtime. I fry up rice tortillas in butter and quarter into “chips” for dipping in the guac. Very easily can be done in batches and the chips can be stored in a container for the week to pack in lunchboxes.