Olive Garden probably isn’t the fanciest restaurant in the world, but I think everyone would agree they totally nailed it when they created their house salad dressing. It is so addicting! And conveniently too, considering they do that whole all you can eat salad thing before your dinner comes!
Get a pot of spaghetti going on the stove and let me show you how to make your own Olive Garden dressing for the salads and you can have an Italian night out at home!
- 1 cup avocado oil (Or combo avocado oil & olive oil. I get my avocado oil at Costco.)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 TB mayonnaise (homemade preferable to avoid toxic oils)
- 1 TB Italian dressing mix (this is not Italian seasoning – use salad dressing mix – my recipe is super quick to mix up! Go to the Italian dressing in THIS post and use the mix.)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Optional ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (I often make it without and it is just as delicious without if you can’t do the dairy! This batch did not have the cheese so you can see it is still creamy and delicious.)
- Everything into a jar and use an immersion blender to mix. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can put all of the ingredients into a food processor except the oil. Then use the oil drip spout on your food processor to add the oil in to emulsify in the dressing slowly.
- This recipe makes a good pint of dressing. Store the dressing in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
If you are looking for more restaurant inspired dressings, try this Caesar dressing, and this Asian dressing!
Also check out my DIY condiments pintrest board for more inspiration!