Dinner Ideas Lunch Ideas Real Food Tips school lunches

Quick & Delicious Gluten Free Pizza

October 3, 2015

Bring pizza night to your home any night of the week with this quick crust that tastes amazing!

Quick & Delicious Gluten Free PizzaI’m going to bring pizza night to your home this week!

I love pizza night just as much as the kids, but I do *not* love how long some crust recipes take to make (including many that I have been using for years). Usually when I decide to do a pizza night it is a spur of the moment, “let’s have a fun dinner tonight” decision!

Quick & Delicious Gluten Free PizzaI rarely have time to let crust rise, roll out, and fuss around with the right ratios for ingredients.

While pizza night is not a weekly occurrence in our house, I have been wanting to make it more of an at least monthly event here. My first grader has a pizza day *every* Wednesday at school, and now that she is getting a little older, I can tell she is not wanting to feel left out.

Quick & Delicious Gluten Free PizzaI usually try to pack something fun in her lunchbox for Wednesday’s, and she really looks forward to lunch on Wednesday! She loves these little pizza muffins, and I keep them in the freezer to add quickly to her lunchbox for a pizza Wednesday. Or even spaghetti and meatballs leftover from dinner with a big pile of gooey cheese go great in her thermos!

But a couple months ago I did it! One night I actually was just plain out of any ingredients to make much of a dinner and decided to make pizza instead of raiding my freezer stash of leftovers. I threw my old pizza crust out the window and was determined to make it *quicker*.

Quick & Delicious Gluten Free PizzaThis crust is not only quick – it tastes and *feels* like a real pizza crust!

Fluffy with a little chew – and one of my absolute musts – flavor. I don’t like bland, flavorless crust – give me some garlic and season! Top it with your favorites, and might I make our family favorite suggestion of roasted garlic, fresh tomatoes, and a drizzle of olive oil?! In fact, a lot of the times we skip the cheese and drizzle the oil instead – it is so good!

Quick & Delicious Gluten Free PizzaThis is a fast one – I promise! I can’t wait to see your pizza creations! Tag me on Instagram, and check out my first grader’s Wednesday pizza day lunches (along with all of her weekly lunches) on Instagram hashtag #rgnschoollunches!

Product links in this section are affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” Please know I never personally recommend any product I wouldn’t use on my own family.

Quick & Delicious Gluten Free Pizza

1. Put the warm water, yeast, and sugar in a bowl, stir to combine, and let it sit to activate while you get the rest of the ingredients together.
  2. While the yeast is waking up, put the rest of the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
  3. Add the activated yeast (it will be foamy/frothy at the top) to the mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients, and blend to combine.
  4. Pour the batter onto a parchment paper lined pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread it out evenly - it spreads very easy with a spatula.
  5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, take the pizza crust out, add your toppings and then bake another 15-20 minutes.

For more real food dinner ideas check out my Dinner Ideas board on Pinterest!

More real food ideas you might like:
Simple & Quick Thin Crust Tortilla Pizzas

Simple Thin Crust Tortilla Pizza
Real Food Mac ‘N Cheese

Real Food Sloppy Joes

15628011423_fa5c538e92_z
Pizza Muffins

landscape

• Reply Daphne October 4, 2015 at 6:17 am

I am definitely going to try this crust recipe. Only have to buy the tapioca flour this week, but the other stuff is already in the pantry. I too have been struggling to find a recipe for crust that my kids actually like. But this looks very apetizing in the photos! Thanks so much for sharing!

Daphne | Soul Chocolate</a

• Reply Renee Kohley October 4, 2015 at 12:11 pm

Hi Daphne! That’s great! I hope you and the kids enjoy your pizza night 🙂

• Reply Tamara October 4, 2015 at 10:33 am

Sounds delicious. Do you think it’s possible to swap one of the flours for a standard gluten free flour??

• Reply Renee Kohley October 4, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Hi Tamara! I have not tried that so I’m not sure!

• Reply Emily @ Recipes to Nourish October 4, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Yum! Pizza night is always a favorite at my house. Thanks for sharing this fun recipe with us.

• Reply Amy October 11, 2015 at 7:11 am

How do you think this would turn out with an egg substitute?

• Reply Renee Kohley October 11, 2015 at 12:49 pm

Hi Amy! I think flax egg or gelatin egg will work fine! It may not puff up as much as the egg but I do think it would bind well! You could maybe try adding ACV with baking soda or baking powder to bubble a rise out of it a little 🙂

• Reply Jessica October 11, 2015 at 11:21 am

yum! I’m ready for pizza!!

• Reply Megan Stevens October 11, 2015 at 7:06 pm

This looks fantastic and classic!

• Reply Swarna October 21, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Hi Renee,

I would really like to try this out as this doesn’t need to rise. Please let me know if you used a blender (or food processor) to blend them together?

Thanks

• Reply Renee Kohley October 22, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Hi Swarna! A blender or food processor should work find but I just used a spatula 🙂

• Reply Natalia October 21, 2015 at 9:49 pm

This looks great! There’s no reason I couldn’t premix the flours, baking powder and seasonings to have a pizza crust mix in the pantry?

• Reply Renee Kohley October 22, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Now that is a great idea Natalia! I would definitely think that would be ok!

• Reply Annie November 15, 2015 at 6:34 am

Hi…. Just found your blog recently. Have made several of your recipes already. My son can’t tolerate rice. Do you think almond flour would work? He so misses a real pizza crust.

• Reply Amh December 19, 2015 at 7:53 am

Already told you, but wanted to comment to help others 🙂 this worked great using a flax egg in place of the egg. It comes together SO fast! Great recipe!

• Reply Renee Kohley December 19, 2015 at 9:04 am

Hi Amy! Thank you for the great tip! I’m so glad it worked out with the flax egg!

• Reply Swarna February 10, 2016 at 8:11 am

Hi Renee,

I would like to make this pizza today.

Would you bake this pizza on the middle rack of the oven or the bottom rack? Also I just want to confirm that the dough doesn’t need to rise and goes right away into the over.

Thanks a lot!

• Reply Renee Kohley February 10, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Hi Swarna! The middle rack is what I use, and no rising needed!

• Reply 6 {More!} School Lunches Besides Peanut Butter & Jelly! - Raising Generation Nourished September 18, 2016 at 8:49 am

[…] GF pizza (Try this GF crust or these thin crust […]

• Reply Healthy Halloween Tips and Ideas :: Healthier trick-or-treating ideas {that won't get you tee-peed!}, family Halloween traditions, & healthy classroom party ideas! - Raising Generation Nourished September 23, 2017 at 5:42 pm

[…] most part treats are just saved for birthdays and holidays, but we have the occasional Friday night pizza or weekend celebratory […]