Freshly picked and full of flavor! Summer’s best fruit turned kid favorite fruit snacks loaded with protein!
Product links in this post are affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” Please know I never personally recommend any product I wouldn’t use on my own family.
Here’s mine. She will be 3 at the end of August, and the last year has been a whirlwind of this little firecracker keeping me on my toes! There’s no telling this kid she is too little for this or that…she does it all!
She is also…busy.
While the food she does eat is pretty darn healthy compared to many 2 year olds, some days sitting for a whole meal just doesn’t happen. I like to keep snacking as nutrient dense as possible – kind of like spreading her meals out throughout the day is how it usually shakes out.
When we are having a busy, on the go day, homemade fruit snacks are a really nice, non-messy snack that travels well and is packed with protein to fill her up. This summer has been so nice to have fresh, in season fruit to make these yummy fruit snacks and she has been loving all the fun colors and flavors.
So, what is gelatin, really?
If you are thinking about those brightly colored packages of “Jell-O” in the store, you are right…sort of!
Gelatin is cooked collagen from the bones/connective tissues of animals. However, just like with all food, sourcing is important. While the sourcing of that store bought brand of gelatin is pretty sketchy, you can find sources of protein packed gelatin from grassfed animal sources.
I have been using Perfect Supplements brand of collagen for a year now, and am super excited that they came out with a gelatin supplement too! While we use collagen for many thing like adding protein and gut nourishment to green smoothies and soaked oats, grassfed gelatin (which is the cooked form of collagen) is useful for making puddings, custards, “jello”, and gummies because it gels so well.
What are the benefits of grassfed collagen/gelatin?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body, and plays a key role in numerous bodily functions!
- Improve Skin Health
- Promote Younger, Firmer Skin
- Support Joint Health
- Improve Gut Function and Digestion
- Keep Excess Inflammation in Check
- Build and Restore Muscle
- Support a Healthy Metabolism
- Keep Appetite In Check
- Promote Healthy Brain Function
- Promote Deeper Sleep
Sourcing does in fact matter, and while I don’t promote a lot of products on my blog, I do feel confident promoting Perfect Supplements!
- 100% Beef Gelatin (Collagen Protein)
- Sourced exclusively From Brazilian Pasture Raised (Grass Fed) Cows
- 100% Natural and Pesticide and Hormone Free
- Lactose & Dairy Free
- 98% Protein and 0 Carbs and 0 Fat Per Serving
- Lab Tested With Proof of Purity
- Backed By 100% Money Back Guarantee
- Silver Level Green America Certified Business
- No Fillers of Flow Agents – Just Pure Collagen Protein
Not only does Perfect Supplements meet all of my health, safety, and sourcing standards…they meet my budget and that is huge in being able to get this supplement into my family regularly. You can’t find a price like this anywhere else (figure the price per gram if you want to compare apples to apples).
PLUS! I want to share my RGN Perfect Supplements savings code with you too! Just enter GENERATION10 in at check-out and receive an extra 10% off your order!
I hope you get a chance to try out your new gelatin on some fresh summer fruit this season!
- Cherry Fruit Snacks ::
- 1½ cups cherries, pitted
- 2 TB water
- 2 TB grassfed gelatin
- (warm soluble)
- Optional 1-2 TB raw honey if needed - ours were fresh picked in season and so sweet - no need for extra!
- Peach Fruit Snacks ::
- 1½ cups peaches, pitted and coarsely sliced
- 2 TB water
- 2 TB grassfed gelatin
- Optional 1-2 TB raw honey if needed - ours were not quite in season yet and did need a little extra.
- Put the cherries in a small sauce pan with the water and bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Put the warm cherries and juices into a blender, add the gelatin and blend to combine until smooth. Taste the mixture for honey if needed.
- Pour the cherry gelatin mixture into your mold and place in the freezer for 15-30 minutes. I find they pop out of silicone molds easiest when they are slightly frozen. You can let them gel on the counter (depending on the size of your mold it will take about an hour, or in the fridge it takes about 30 minutes or so.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for the peaches.
More Collagen/Gelatin Rich Recipes You Might Like!
- Vitamin C Gummies
- Antioxidant Rich Berry Gummies
- Green Smoothies For Kids
- Protein Packed Molasses Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Banana Mineral Power Smoothie
- Post-Tummy Bug Recovery Smoothie