Italian Daikon Radish Salad
It is important to rotate veggies as much as it is important to rotate any other food we eat, so I have a few quick, fresh salads to change things up during the week!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 medium daikon radish spirilized (or use a julienne peeler!)
- 10 stalks green onion chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes seeded and juices scooped out, cubed
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup chopped crispy nuts I like pecans in this the best!
- ¼ cup of my DIY Olive Garden dressing OR my <a href="http://www.raisinggenerationnourished.com/2014/04/diy-salad-dressings-5-recipes-whole-family-will-love/" target="_blank" title="DIY Salad Dressings :: 5 Quick Popular Dressings The Whole Family Will Love!">Italian dressing
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- Optional sprinkle of grated parm and/or chopped pepperoni if you want to make it a meal!
Everything into a medium mixing bowl, toss together, and chill for at least half hour.
This can be made ahead of time and sit in the fridge up to a few days. One side note on the diakon radish “noodles” – since the radish is so long, the noodles are quite long so I like to cut them a bit after I spirilize them to make them easier to manage while eating.