I have a special place in my heart for the veggies of spring, and after a long winter of greens and squashes, I load up on gorgeous spring produce to use them in any way I can – including taking the traditional summer picnic food of coleslaw and dressing it up spring style!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- ¼ medium cabbage sliced thin
- 7 radishes sliced thin
- 4-5 stalks green onion chopped (plus more to garnish if you wish)
- 2 TB chopped garlic scapes If you can find them – the season is late spring. If you don’t grow garlic you can look for them at the farmer’s markets! The coleslaw is fine without them if you don’t have access.
- ½ cup mayo Homemade mayo preferable to avoid rancid oils. My simple egg free mayo blends up in just minutes right in the jar!
- 1 TB juice from a lemon
- 2 tsp raw honey
- Sea salt and pepper to taste this will vary based on what mayo you use