Leek and Radish Soup
Radishes contain a lot of Vitamin C, so they make a perfect addition to soup.
- ¼ cup friendly fat to cook in butter, coconut oil, lard, bacon grease
- 2 large leeks coarsely chopped and rinsed well of sand
- 6 cups whole radishes coarsely chopped (I pulsed them in my processor! Fast!)
- 8 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 quarts chicken bone broth Homemade broth preferable
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper Optional, but the kick of heat is so yummy!
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- Saute the leeks, radishes, and garlic in the butter on medium/high heat for about 15-20 minutes. Add a few big pinches of sea salt to bring out their juices to sweeten.
- Add the bone broth, and bring to a simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender or in a blender. Add sea salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
- Double up for your freezer stash! Packs up great in a thermos for school or work!
- I wish I had had some scallions to garnish the top so that might be something to have on had too! Maybe a dollop of sour cream?!
- Making your own bone broth is so satisfying! Not only does it taste way better than store bought so your soup will taste so much better, it is literally packed with minerals and healing!
- If you don’t have an immersion blender…oh! You must! You just must! I use it in my kitchen weekly – you will love it!
Keep me posted if you give it a try!