Strawberry & Cream Muffins
Strawberry picking makes great memories for the kids. Continue the tradition by letting them help bake these muffins.
Servings: 12 muffins
- ¾ cup soft butter if you are dairy free use soft lard or coconut oil
- ¼ - 1/3 cup organic pure cane sugar or sucanat honey could work I think
- 2 flax eggs if you can handle eggs use 2 eggs!
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cups whole sour cream if you are dairy free use whole coconut milk yogurt
- 1 ½ - 2 cups fresh strawberries chopped.
- Blend the butter, sugar, flax eggs, and lemon juice with a hand beater until just combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the strawberries, and beat.
- Add the strawberries and fold in.
- Bake in silicone muffin cups, paper cups, or buttered muffin tin at 375 for 25-30 minutes. Check around that 20 minute mark in case our ovens run differently.
Product links in this section are from affiliate partners. There is no extra cost to you, and it helps maintain the site and provide free content to you! Know that I would never recommend a product that I wouldn’t use or feed my family!
- This makes about 16-18 good sized muffins. You could fill them up a little smaller and get 2 dozen for sure.
- They freeze up great! If you already have your fresh strawberries picked, you might as well double or triple up this recipe for the freezer! Easy pull out addition to breakfast!
- I love my silicone muffin cups for baking – SO much cleaner and easier! HERE are some plain ones if flowers aren’t your thing
- Looking for more ideas to use up your strawberries? Here is strawberry baked oatmeal, strawberry ice cream, and strawberry cake!