Product links in this post are affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site! Please know I would never personally recommend any product I wouldn’t use on my own family.
- 3/4 cup soft butter if you are dairy free use soft lard or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic pure cane sugar or sucanat honey could work I think
- 2 eggs if you are egg free use an egg replacer
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour sorghum flour would work too
- 1 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cups whole sour cream if you are dairy free use whole coconut milk yogurt
- 1 ½ - 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Blend the butter, sugar, eggs, and lemon juice with a hand beater until just combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the blueberries, and combine.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Bake in silicone muffin cups, or buttered muffin tin at 375 for 25-30 minutes. Check around that 20 minute mark in case our ovens run differently.
- These freeze up great. I triple batched over the weekend to get ahead in preparation for busy school morning breakfasts. I like to individually wrap them and then into freezer bags.
- I highly recommend using silicone muffin cups for these muffins. Even with buttering the muffin tin some of the blueberry will seep on to your tin and it makes for messy clean up. Silicone muffin cups wash up so fast!
- This batch will make a little over a dozen good sized muffins. You could make them smaller and definitely get 2 dozen out of the batch.
- I don’t consider one of these muffins a “full” school morning breakfast. For breakfast, I’ll serve the muffins with butter and a side of bacon and/or fried or hard boiled eggs and a glass of raw milk.