Product links in this post are affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site! Please know I would never personally recommend any product I wouldn’t use on my own family.
*Raising both hands*
I seriously love mayo. While we don’t typically have bread in the house anymore (unless I want to shell out for gluten free bread), I really love the taste and “zip” it brings to chicken salad, wraps, and even salads.
I made up this recipe a little over a year ago when I discovered one of my girls just wasn’t handling eggs great. Many homemade mayos have an egg or yolk base, and we were bummed to have to take homemade mayo out of our menu. She loved chicken salad and liked it spread on lettuce leaves.
- 1 cup avocado oil olive oil works too or a combo of the 2
- 1 cup sour cream if you are dairy free use coconut yogurt
- Juice of ½ lemon start with this and if you want more tang add the other ½
- 2 tsp organic mustard watch those ingredients!
- 1-2 TB organic pure cane sugar or coconut sugar raw honey would work too
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- Everything into a quart jar or similar sized jar and pulse with an immersion blender until well combined and thick. Alternately, you could put everything into the food processor EXCEPT the oil, start the blend and slowly add the oil through the drip top to emulsify.
- I love the avocado oil because it has a neutral taste. It is a beautiful friendly fat for our bodies too!
- Here is the immersion blender I use – it is one of the most used kitchen tools in my house! Less than 30 seconds and your mayo is nice and thick!
- This batch makes a little over a pint of mayo.