And weekend breakfasts my most favorite of all. My husband actually really enjoys cooking, so every weekend we make breakfasts together. We have joked for years about owning our own bed and breakfast someday, and as we age it has become more of a desire than a passing thought…maybe someday 🙂
Sour Apple Breakfast Bread
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 TB cinnamon
- 3-4 TB pure cane sugar or coconut sugar start with 2 and taste the batter if you want more ; )
- 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup soft butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 TB apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium sour apples chopped (I just pulse them up quick in the food processor! And no need to peel!)
- Everything into a mixing bowl EXCEPT the apples, and beat together until well combined
- Fold in the sour apples.
- Pour into a buttered loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Let it cool a bit before cutting.
Product links in this post are affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site! Please know I would never personally recommend any product I wouldn’t use on my own family.
- Freeze up individual slices for quick pull out breakfast or lunch additions!
- The batter makes great muffins too!
- The batter comes together super quick – as in maybe 10 minutes. I don’t even bother peeling the apples!
- If you want to prep ahead so it goes faster in the morning, you can make the batter leaving out the apples (since they will brown once the air gets to them), and just keep it in the fridge until morning – then you just have to fold in the apples and get the batter into the pan and oven.
- When I serve this apple bread with breakfast it is usually with fried or hard boiled eggs and whole, raw milk to balance it out.
- This is the white rice flour, tapioca flour, and brown rice flour that I use for baking.
- I like using this kind of cinnamon in my kitchen.