How about you?!
There is just something about having some sort of biscuit or bread to go with a bowl of soup!
I kept seeing cornbread paired with chili, and after my first attempt a couple years ago, I was sold! My biggest goal with this recipe was big time simple and quick. A lot of times I am pulling chili out of the freezer for a quick meal, so being able to pop a dish of cornbread in the oven in less than 10 minutes is super helpful.
Get a big smear of butter up on top, and get that cornbread dunked right down in that chili!
Simple & Quick Gluten Free Cornbread
- Beat the butter, eggs, and sugar with beaters for about a minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend to combine.
- Pour into a small buttered baking dish, and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
Product links in this section are affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site! Please know I would never personally recommend any product I wouldn’t use on my own family.
- You can double up and freeze individual squares, although the batter comes together so fast I just like to make it fresh every time.
- I use a small, 2 quart baking dish for this recipe. A 9 inch pie plate works too if you want the traditional “triangle” shape to your cornbread!
- Here is the cornmeal I like to work with. If you prefer a smoother cornbread without the slight crunch of the little corn meal bits, you can use this corn flour.
- Here is where I get white rice flour and tapioca flour.
- Cornbread goes so well with slow cooker chili and/or fiesta soup!