My girls are ready to go the instant their eyes open, and while I do like to make breakfast our biggest meal of the day, many mornings I am just not feelin’ it for doing a bunch of cooking. I do a lot of cooking on the weekends when we can wake up slower and don’t have to be in the car by 7:55 a.m. sharp for school drop off.
Product links in this section are affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use!” Please know I would never personally recommend any product I wouldn’t use on my own family.
Morning Glory Muffins
- ⅓ cup soft butter or coconut oil
- 2 TB raw honey local if possible, or THIS is a good brand
- 2 TB pure maple syrup local if possible or THIS would work too
- 2 pastured eggs if you are egg free go for 2 gelatin eggs or 1/2 cup squash puree
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup whole milk or whole coconut milk
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup white rice flour
- ½ cup blanched almond flour if you are nut free swap out for sorghum flour or brown rice flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut)
- 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cloves
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup organic raisins I get mine at Costco
- Blend the butter, honey, maple syrup, eggs, lemon, and milk for a minute or two.
- Add the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices, and blend through with the beaters.
- Fold in the carrots and raisins with a spatula.
So tell me! Are you a morning person??? Let me know how these help your morning along if you give them a try!