I never thought to post them before because they seem so simple – but isn’t that what this is all about? I really want to show you that you really *can* feed real food to kids in the “real world”. As in…simple. As in…busy schedules and not a lot of time to prep lunch.
These literally take about 5 minutes to prep and a little over 15 minutes in the oven – just as fast as making a box of mac n cheese for lunch! It’s a great way to get some extra veg in the kids for lunchtime, and it makes a great side to grassfed burgers for dinner!
Parmesan Baked Zucchini Spears
- 5 small zucchini sliced long into spears (smaller ones work better for this way of cooking than the big fat ones)
- 2 TB avocado oil or melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup or so grated parmesan cheese for the top you can leave this out if you are dairy free!
- Put the zucchini on a baking sheet and toss them with everything but the cheese to coat them well.
- Line up the zucchini so the flesh is facing up, and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, and then under the broiler on high for another 3-5 minutes. Just watch them under the broiler after a few minutes so they don’t get too brown.
See! I told you! Simple!
Don’t forget the babes too! My 9 month old was grabbing away at these last summer and inhales them at almost 19 months now!
You can follow my Lunches board on Pintrest for more Lunch inspiration!
Keep me posted how the kiddos like them!