My friends it is finally here! I know that by the end of August we’ll all be ready for the kids to head back to the school routine…but this momma is *ready* for a school routine break for a couple months!
My kids had their last day of school last week, so on the last school night of the year, we celebrated the start to our summer with fudgsicles, and a late summertime bedtime of course!
We live just a few minutes from some beautiful beaches, so my little beach babies really (really!) look forward to summertime. While they were sad to leave their friends and amazing teachers, the promise of long, warm summer days (and fudgy, rich frozen treats!) definitely made up for it.
These fudgsicles are certainly more of an “occasional treat” in our house versus our nourishing staple summer popsicles we make most weeks of the summer, but these rich and creamy fudgsicles are actually loaded with nourishing friendly fats for growing kids, and even some protein! They make for a fun alternative to an ice cream truck on hot summer days or special summer activities.
Don’t be afraid of the avocado ingredient either 🙂 I promise even those that don’t care for avos will never taste it (my husband and I are proof!), and it gives the most amazing creamy texture that you are looking for in a fudgesicle. I have tried making them with all fresh cream but it just gets whipped too light in texture and while it tastes great, it just doesn’t freeze well at all.
I can’t wait to hear about your summer plans! Let me know if you give these fun fudgesicles a try this summer!
Product links in this section are affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” Please know I never personally recommend any product I wouldn’t use on my own family.
A couple of notes on popsicle molds! I am loving my 10-pop popsicle mold! With 3 kids now eating popsicles every time I make them, it is so nice to make a load of them at once! I take them out of the mold and stash them away wrapped up in the freezer so that if that ice cream truck rolls by on a whim or we just need a fudgy afternoon treat while we run through the sprinkler, we can grab them quick! We still have our star pop mold that is wonderful, and I do still make toddler pops with these smaller molds that are really nice for my littlest to hold!
Rich and Creamy Fudgsicles
- 2 cups whole milk Grass-fed raw preferable. Recommended avoid ultra-pasteurized. If you are dairy free use coconut milk!
- 1 small/medium avocado pitted (If you avo is very large just use half.)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened raw cacao if you want a darker chocolate flavor use 3/4 cup
- 1/3 cup grassfed collagen
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup raw honey Start with 1/4 cup and taste test it for sweet to your taste. I get mine from a local farmer - you can ask around at your markets for local! If you don't have access this raw honey is a good brand.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Everything into a blender to combine until smooth.
- Pour into your popsicle molds and freeze. Makes 8-10 popsicles in my 10-pop popsicle mold (it is dependent on how big the avocado was.)
For more real food treat ideas check out my Treat Ideas board on Pintrest!
More real food recipes you might like:
Strawberry Rhubarb Creamsicles