5 minutes. No cooking. Major money saving! You can make Larabar’s classic chocolate chip cookie Larabar right at home!
This post is sponsored by MightyNest. I received the lunch gear pictured in the post as compensation for my time, however please know I only post products/services I would use on my own family.
I’ve been giving myself a little kick in the pants toward get moving toward back to school.
Sigh. I seriously love summer. But I also seriously love school routine!
So we are clinging to the last few weeks of summer, getting in as many beach days as we can…and here and there easing ourselves back into school mode.
I have a fun, *quick* little snack recipe to share with you today for your back to school lunch packing…and also a pretty amazing deal from MightyNest to pack up your snack in!
So let’s talk about this awesome MightyNest deal!
Did you know that the average sized family goes through 500 plastic baggies every year??? MightyNest wants to make quality re-useable bags from Lunchskins available to everyone, so they are offering Raising Generation Nourished readers 2 Lunchskin reusable bags (one snack sized and one sandwich sized) for just $5 (this would regularly be $16.90 plus 5.95 shipping!) through MightyFix!
A $22.85 value for $5! YES please!
If you’re interested in creating a healthy homelife, the MightyFix is for you. Here’s how it works:
- For $10/month MightyNest will send you a full-sized, eco-friendly product (with a $10 retail value or more!) every month that makes it easier to live more mindfully and make healthy choices.
- Before your MightyFix ships, place as many additional orders as you want from MightyNest.com to hitch a ride with your Fix, and it ALL SHIPS FREE.
- As always, 15% goes back to the school of your choice!
The MightyFix is a smart way to start making small changes at home.
Plus, it’s pretty hard to pass up FREE SHIPPING on any orders you add to your MightyFix every month! Hint: Get back-to-school essentials like lunch gear shipped FREE.
MightyNest has a great selection of back to school *must have* lunch packing essentials. These are some great must-haves for waste free lunch packing!
GET YOUR LUNCHSKINS FOR $5 SHIPPED!
MightyNest is offering Raising Generation Nourished readers a $5 off coupon for their first MightyFix order! Your first MightyFix will be just 5 bucks shipped! These quality re-useable bags will last your family for years and cost less than what you are paying even in half a year of plastic baggies to throw away!
Enter your email in the widget below and your $5 coupon will be emailed to you for your first MightyFix!
Here’s my take on the classic chocolate chip cookie fruit and nut bar from Larabar – feel free to use whatever nuts you have on hand! Classic Larabars use cashews – I like the taste of pecans better but use whatever you have! This batch will make at least 12 bars so you can stash them away in the freezer! They will go from freezer to lunchbox super quick.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Fruit & Nut Bar (Compare to Larabar!)
- 1 lb Medjool dates Our local grocer carries this brand
- 3 cups pecans I soak and dehydrate mine to reduce phytic acid
- 1 vanilla bean scraped (this is optional but makes it taste really good! Do NOT use vanilla extract - the end produce will be too wet/slimy - I even tried adding coconut flour to dry it up and that didn't work! Only vanilla bean if you want the vanilla added)
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Everything EXCEPT the chocolate chips into your food processor (I think a blender would work too) and blend to combine. (It should press together when you push on the mixture).
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse to combine, or just mix them into the mixture by hand.
- Press the mixture into a small baking dish lined with parchment paper. Put it into the fridge to firm up so cutting is easier. You can cut them right away if you want - they really are ready to eat right away! I freeze them cut into bars so they pop into the lunchbox super easy.
More real food recipes you might like ::
GF Energy Bars
GF Molasses Protein Snack Bars
Antioxidant Rich Berry Gummies
What an awesome recipe! Love how easy it is to make. Fun lunch gear too 🙂
I can’t wait to make these! Thanks for the recipe!
[…] treat for my awesome kiddo. No time for baking or fuss, I thought quick and decided to spin off my Larabar recipe and make a bite sized […]
[…] Chocolate Chip Cookie Fruit & Nut Bars from Raising Generation Nourished […]
[…] is some dried fruit and nuts, and a food processor! You can make them into “bites” or “bars” from there, and they freeze really well for […]
[…] Chocolate Chip Cookie Fruit & Nut Bars […]
[…] Chocolate Chip Cookie Fruit & Nut Bars […]
[…] & Nut bites (you can make your own fruit & nut bites, make homemade Larabars, or use store bought […]
[…] DIY Chocolate Chip “Larabar” Copycat […]
[…] Chocolate Chip Cookie Fruit & Nut Bar from Raising Generation Nourished […]
[…] Chocolate Chip Cookie Fruit and Nut Bar (homemade Larabar) by Raising Generation Nourished […]
[…] Copycat Larabars […]
[…] Chocolate Chip “Larabar” Copycat […]
[…] make? All you need is dried fruit and nuts and a food processor! Make them into snack bites or fruit and nut bars, and they freeze well for […]