Rich chocolate cookie loaded up with sweet chocolate chunks!
I just really needed to sneak this post in here this week!
Ever have one of those weeks where seriously…everything does *not* go as planned? Like every single thing on my list to do last week got changed, altered, or completely canned.
So it also just happened to be the week my dear husband *and* the baby of the family have birthdays. We already had celebrated with a party for the baby a couple weeks back, but I had planned on making a small batch of cupcakes to celebrate the 2 birthdays that are only 2 days apart.
I cannot think of a more chaotic day I have had all summer than that day that I planned to make those cupcakes, and long story short I found myself at 4:00pm feeling pretty crummy that my birthday hubby and baby weren’t going to have much more than a happy birthday squash for their dinner that night!
I can do cookies right?! Those are fast!
But a recipe! I need a recipe!
I don’t ever make cookies…I needed something to follow!
Just throw in what you have to go from there!
What can go wrong with chocolate, right?!
It just happens to be that anything chocolate my husband will pretty much be head over heels for so I figured how bad could they turn out!
They were SO good! I literally threw everything into my food processor, blended it up, scooped it out and 10 minutes later we had super chocolate-y cookies to celebrate with that night!
Product links in this section are affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” Please know I never personally recommend any product I wouldn’t use on my own family.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Blender Cookies
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup organic pure cane sugar these were mildly sweet - if you have young children start here, if you have older children used to sweeter things you might need to bump this up to feel like what they are used to
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cold butter chunked up
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chunks the chocolate chips would work fine too if that is what you have!
- Put the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract into your food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes until fluffy.
- Put the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chunks into the food processor and blend to combine completely.
- Add the chocolate chunks and pulse to combine.
- Scoop the dough onto a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Push the dough down into about the shape you want as these won't spread out much - they will puff up a bit. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool a few minutes before handling.
For more real food treat ideas check out my Treat Ideas board on Pinterest!
More real food recipes you might like ::
Chocolate Birthday Cake
Can we swap recipes? I’ll send you some lemon basil pasta for some of these 😉 They look so yummy Renee! I’m sure your hubby and little one appreciated the fun birthday treat. Pinned.
can I sub sweet white rice flour for the regular white rice flour, or just use all brown rice flour?
Hi Crystal! Sweet rice flour will work instead of the white rice flour, and all brown rice flour should work too if you want to do that 🙂
Great! I’m going to try these today!
Enjoy them Crystal!
They look delicious! Can’t wait to try them out for breakfast… er, I mean, dessert tomorrow. 😉
[…] Chocolate Chunk Blender Cookies from Raising Generation Nourished (though I honestly almost put these under the breakfast heading – just ’cause) […]
[…] real food recipes you might like: Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Blender […]
Can I sub gluten free flour – 1 1/4 C? Looks yum!
Hi Mary! Yes that should work!
[…] More real food recipes you might like: Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Blender Cookies […]
Will anything besides butter work, do you know?
[…] Chocolate Chunk Blender Cookies from Raising Generation Nourished […]