Ripe, juicy peaches and delicious soft coffee cake make the perfect summer brunch!
As August winds down here a bit, I’m sort of clinging to my last little bit of relaxed, care free summer days. We have had a beautiful summer. I really couldn’t have asked for better weather – it has been a great summer break!
Every mid-August I like to take that last bowl of ripe peaches and make a special weekend breakfast for the family as we start shifting gears to thinking about school. My oldest will be in first grade this year and we enjoyed our coffee cake while talking about school shopping that needed to be done in the next couple weeks.
I really hope you get a chance to celebrate the end of summer with a fun weekend brunch as you enjoy the last few lazy summer mornings in your home! I would love to know what you are celebrating with – and if you decide to make this peach coffee cake be sure to enjoy every bite!
By the way! We only eat about half of this coffee cake in one sitting – the slices freeze up so great so you can have it again another morning.
Product links in this section are affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” Please know I never personally recommend any product I wouldn’t use on my own family.
Peach Coffee Cake :: Gluten Free
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup organic pure cane sugar
- 2 TB pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp aluminium free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4-5 large ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- Blend the butter, sugar, maple syrup, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl until soft and creamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the peaches and blend until combined.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Let the coffee cake cool about 10 minutes before serving. Leftovers freeze individually in slices great!
For more real food breakfast ideas you can check out my Breakfast Ideas board on Pintrest!
More real food recipes you might like:
Blueberry Peach Crisp