You are no more than 5 minutes away from a delicious, velvety gravy made with nourishing bone broth for everything from meatball night to that Thanksgiving turkey!
I like to make my gravy while my roasted chicken or turkey is resting right out of the oven. You can use bone broth from the freezer or the meat stock from the pan. The beauty of this recipe is that even if you wanting to make it for meatballs and gravy night, you don’t need pan drippings. Any jar of bone broth in your freezer can become a sauce pan of gravy! And bonus! The gravy freezes very well so anything leftover won’t go to waste!
Product links in this section are affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” Please know I never personally recommend any product I wouldn’t use on my own family.
5 Minute Bone Broth Gravy
- 2 TB butter
- 2-3 TB white rice flour OR if you are grain free use tapioca flour the amount is dependent on how thick you like your gravy - you can start out low and always add more in the end if you want it thicker. If the gravy turns out thicker than you want you can always thin it out with more broth or even water
- 1 pint bone broth OR juices from the pan Called meat stock. You can use a combo of both if you wish.
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Sea salt/pepper to taste I don't season my bone broth so I pretty heavily season the salt here
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan, add the flour, and stir with a whisk to combine.
- Add the bone broth and thyme and bring to a simmer stirring with your whisk occasionally until it thickens.
- Season salt and pepper to taste and serve. This will refrigerate and reheat stovetop well (up to 4 days in advance), or you can freeze it for months.
For more real food dinner ideas, you can check out my Dinner Ideas board on Pintrest!