Warm and delicious curry soup the whole family will absolutely love, and weeknight friendly in prep time!
Links in this post are affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” Please know I never personally recommend any product or service I wouldn’t use on my own family.
I am starting to do a little more meal planning than I used to…
It might come as a shock to most having a real food blog that I have not always been much of a meal planner, but I like to cook what sounds good to me that day! Ha!
But with 3 hungry kids plus one husband to feed, and a schedule that isn’t getting any less busy, it is helpful to have a reliable rotation of some nourishing quick prep dinners that I don’t have to put too much thought into.
Last week I was so thankful for this dinner rotation. My daughter had a day off school so we played hookie from preschool for her sister and my husband took the day off so we could take advantage of the butterfly exhibit at a local garden.
My big girls were great species spotters! I think we found all of the butterfly types in the book!
Cait wasn’t a huge fan of the butterflies fluttering by her head but she eventually came around and had a fun morning with her sisters. I think this picture captures her thoughts the best – she kept her eyes on those flying butterflies!
When we got home it also just happened to be the first real “spring” feeling day and we literally soaked it in all day outdoors. As much as I do love to cook, I love being in the sun even more and it was nice to have a simple but nourishing dinner that didn’t require a lot of prep to make that evening.
Our spring and summer won’t be getting any less busy with the beach 5 minutes down the road, splash pads to be splashed at, woods to be explored, and parks to be played at, so I’m growing to love my new dinner plan!
I hope you enjoy this nourishing dinner meal as much as we have been. Any leftovers can be packed up in the school thermoses or used at home for a quick warm up meal too!
Vegetable Beef Curry Soup
- 3 TB friendly fat divided to cook in such as butter, tallow, lard, coconut oil etc
- 1 lb grassfed ground beef
- 3 tsp curry powder divided
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 2-3 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 TB tomato paste
- 2-3 large handfuls of chopped baby kale
- 2 quarts bone broth
- 1 cup gluten free pasta or 1/2 cup white rice Optional. If you are grain free you can add 1-2 TB of tapioca starch to your soup to thicken it up a little
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a soup pot, and add the ground beef, 2 tsp of curry, 1/2 tsp sea salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Brown the beef and set it aside. Leave the juices behind in the pot to saute the veggies in.
- Melt another 2 TB butter to the soup pot along with the beef juices left behind, and add the onion, carrot, and mushroom along with a big pinch of sea salt and cook on medium heat for about 7 minutes to soften and sweeten the veggies.
- Add the garlic and tomato paste and cook for a minute.
- Add the chopped kale, bone broth, cooked beef from earlier, and the pasta and bring to a simmer until the pasta is cooked. Sea salt and pepper the soup to your taste.
For more real food dinner ideas you can follow my Dinner Ideas board on Pinterest!
More real food ideas you might like:
15 Minute Ginger Chicken Stir Fry