Pot Pie Soup :: Use Chicken Or Turkey!
Use chicken or turkey to make the comforting flavors of pot pie in an easy to make pot pie soup!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 tbsp of friendly fat to cook in butter, ghee, olive oil, tallow/lard etc
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 small yellow potatoes cubed
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Namaste GF Flour Blend rice flour, or even cassava flour will work. If you want the soup thicker, or more like a stew, add 3 tbsp – the 2 tbsp leaves the soup smooth and creamy
- 3 cups bone broth
- 1 cup whole milk or coconut milk
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes or to taste per your family’s heat preference (Optional - if you are preparing this for little guys, leave it out, and you can always add it to your bowl if you enjoy the heat)
- 1-2 cups leftover chicken or turkey cubed or shredded
- 1 cup frozen organic peas
- 1 cup frozen organic corn
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
Melt the butter in your soup pot over medium/high heat, add the onion, carrot, and potato and stir in a big pinch of sea salt. Cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes so the veggies soften and sweeten.
Add the garlic and flour and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
Add the broth, coconut milk, parsley, thyme, red pepper flakes, and chicken, and bring to a simmer until the broth thickens from the flour. This takes a few minutes.
Add the peas and corn and simmer a few minutes until they thaw. Add sea salt and pepper to your taste.
Garnish with more parsley, and pie crust biscuits or regular biscuits if you choose. See the above notes on biscuit options for more details.