Paleo Trail Mix Breakfast Cookies
Your favorite handful of sweet and salty trail mix combined into one amazing Paleo Trail Mix Breakfast Cookie!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time18 mins
Total Time28 mins
Servings: 12 cookies
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup sunflower seeds finely chopped (I use my food processor to buzz them up. You can combine flavors of seeds and use a variety of seeds if you wish.)
- ½ cup walnuts finely chopped (I use my food processor to buzz them up. You can combine flavors of nuts and use a variety of nuts if you wish.)
- ½ cup nut or seed butter of choice
- 2 eggs OR if you are egg free, you can use 2 chia “eggs,” OR 2 “fruit puree eggs” (1/2 cup mashed banana, applesauce, or pumpkin puree).
- Heaping 1/3 cup raw honey if you have older kids used to sweeter things, you can bump this up to ½ cup for sure
- ½ cup dried fruit such as dried cherries chopped figs or dates, raisins, goji berries, etc.
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 tsp almond extract vanilla extract would work too if that is all you have
- ½ tsp sea salt if your nuts are salted you can skip this ingredient
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Everything into a medium mixing bowl, and stir to combine. Form the cookie dough into the size cookies you want. These will not spread out, so just roll, and flatten into a disk, and set them on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 18-19 minutes. Check the cookies around the 15 minute mark in case our ovens run differently. Cool on the pan for a few minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.