Mahi Mahi Fish Taco Bowls With Dairy Free Chipotle Garlic Lime Aioli
Quick prep “fish taco” inspired Buddha bowls the whole family will love!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 servings
FISH TACO BOWLS ::
- 4 wild caught mahi mahi fillets
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning to taste for the fillets I use my MSG/starch free DIY Taco Season
- ½ small head of purple cabbage sliced
- ¼ small head of green cabbage sliced
- ½ Spanish onion sliced
- 2 jalepenos halved, de-ribbed, and sliced (The heat lives in the seeds and ribs, so if you like more heat, leave it in!)
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- Your choice add-ins to the bowl! :: tomatoes/salsa fresh or dried mango, cauli-rice or long grain white rice, avocado slices, fresh sliced veggies like pepper sticks
CHIPOTLE, LIME, & GARLIC AIOLI ::
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small avocado pitted
- 2 large garlic cloves peeled
- 3 tsp raw honey
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder this leaves the aioli with a mild, kid friendly taste – feel free to add more if you like more heat
Pre-heat the oven to 425. You can also get your rice cooking at this time if you are serving your bowls with rice – it will be done by the time you finish the fish!
Season both sides of the mahi mahi with taco season, and place on a sheet tray. Toss the cabbage, onion, and jalepeno slices with avocado oil, sea salt, and pepper and spread out on another tray.
Place the veggie tray on the middle rack of the oven, and the fish on the rack below that. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes, until the fish is cooked through, and the veggies are lightly caramelized.
While the fish/veggies are baking, you can make the aioli. Place all of the aioli ingredients into a pint mason jar, and use an immersion blender to blend into a creamy sauce. If you do not have an immersion blender, put everything into your food processor EXCEPT the oil. Press blend, and then use the oil drip cup to slowly drizzle the oil in as it is blending so it can emulsify.
After the fish/veggies cook, you can assemble your bowls. Veggies and rice (or cauli-rice) down first, and everything else surrounding it! Drizzle the aioli and serve with lime wedges.