Instant Pot Tomato Soup
Kid favorite tomato soup made with nourishing bone broth and fresh tomatoes in a fraction of the time!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 tbsp friendly fat to cook in such as butter avocado oil, tallow, lard, or coconut oil
- 2 medium onions coarsely sliced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 quart bone broth
- 5 large tomatoes seeds scooped out (no need to chop finely – I just halve them)
- ½ cup fresh basil or a tbsp or 2 of dried basil
- 2 tbsp honey
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Turn the Instant Pot to “Saute,” melt the friendly fat, and sauté the onion and carrot with a big pinch of sea salt for about 7 minutes until the veggies soften and sweeten.
Add the garlic and tomato paste, combine and cook for 1 minute. Turn the Instant Pot to off (“cancel”).
Add the bone broth, tomatoes, and basil. Put the Instant Pot lid on, and make sure the vent is closed. Turn the Instant Pot to the “Soup” setting. Bring the time down to 10 minutes. The Instant Pot will take around 10 minutes to come to pressure before counting down the 10 minutes.
Once the 10 minutes of pressure cooking is complete, turn the Instant Pot off, release the valve, and take the lid off. Add the honey, and use an immersion blender to puree the soup. You can sea salt and pepper the soup to your taste once pureed. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can pour the soup into a high powered blender to puree)