Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken and Vegetable Soup :: Dairy Free and Gluten Free :: Stovetop Directions Included Too!
Flavorful smokey heat meets creamy chicken veggie soup, without the dairy or gluten, and in record time!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 tbsp friendly fat to cook in such as butter coconut oil, avocado oil, tallow, or lard
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 2 medium celery diced
- ½ medium red bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp chipotle powder This will leave the soup with a mild smoky, flavorful heat that is kid friendly in our house. If you prefer to half this for your kiddos, you can always add more to your bowl if you want more heat. I usually add more to mine from this amount as I like it pretty spicy.
- 1 ½ quarts bone broth You can use Instant Pot Broth, or here is my slow cooker method
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk this is my favorite brand that doesn't have gums, fillers, or sweeteners added
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken Use leftovers from your roasted chicken, slow cooker chicken, or Instant Pot chicken
- 8 oz gluten free noodles
- ½ lb baby kale chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Set the Instant Pot to “Saute” and melt the friendly fat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and bell pepper with a big pinch of sea salt. Saute about 5-7 minutes until the veggies soften and sweeten.
Add the garlic, tomato paste, and chipotle powder, stir to combine, and cook for 1 minute.
Add the bone broth, coconut milk, cooked chicken, and noodles. Turn the “Saute” off, and push “Soup,” then bring the time down to 3 minutes using the (+/-) button. (Make sure the valve is closed so it can come to pressure! The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure and then will count down the 3 minutes.)
When the Instant Pot is done counting down the 3 minutes, turn the Instant Pot off, and release the valve (use a towel so you don’t burn your hand with steam!). Take the Instant Pot lid off, and stir the baby kale in to wilt. Sea salt and pepper the soup to your taste and serve.