Paleo Chia Honey Power Bars
Portable, pack-able, and power packed! Paleo chia honey power bars are a busy family game changer!
Servings: 8 servings
- ¼ cup chia seeds flax seeds should work here too
- ½ cup water
- 2 small ripe bananas I think 1 cup of applesauce would work here
- ¼ cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup blanched almond flour If you are nut free, I think ground sunflower seeds will work, or swap for cassava flour or sorghum flour. You may want to back off the amount to ¾ cup with the sorghum.
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup grassfed collagen
- ¼ cup honey you can taste the mixture and add more if you need. If you have really little guys in the house I’d stick to this or even just a few tablespoons. For the little ones, go with less sweet than your preference as they really don’t know any different!
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Blend the chia seeds and water so the chia seeds are more of a “meal” versus seed texture. Set aside to thicken while you make the rest of the batter (It will get goopy, almost pudding like. It will act like “glue” to bind the bar.).
Put the bananas in a medium mixing bowl and mash with the back of a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, along with the chia/water mixture, and mix everything to combine.
Press the batter into a small baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let the bars cool 10 minutes before cutting.