Gluten Free Ginger and Leek Chicken Noodle Soup
Give that bowl of classic chicken noodle soup a ginger and leek flavor upgrade!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 TB friendly fat to cook in such as butter tallow, coconut oil, or avocado oil
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced (I like to use 1 orange carrot, and 1 yellow carrot for more color)
- 1 large stalk of celery diced
- 2-4 inch knob of ginger peeled and grated (about 1 TB of grated ginger will leave a very mild ginger flavor and almost no heat. 2 TB of grated ginger will leave more flavorful heat to the soup - we like the heat!)
- 2 large cloves of garlic minced
- 1 leek leaves and roots removed, quartered lengthwise, then chopped (soak in a bowl of water and strain to get the sand out)
- 1 bunch green onions chopped (save some of the green to garnish the top)
- 2 quarts bone broth You can use Instant Pot Broth, or here is my slow cooker method
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken Use leftovers from your roasted chicken, slow cooker chicken, or Instant Pot chicken
- 6 oz gluten free noodles
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Melt the butter in a soup pot over medium heat, and add the carrot and celery. Add a big pinch of sea salt and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes to get the carrots softening.
Add the grated ginger, minced garlic, leeks, and green onion. Cook for another 3-5 minutes over medium heat until fragrant and soft.
Add the bone broth and chicken, turn the heat to high, and bring to a simmer. Add the noodles and cook over medium/high heat until the noodles are cooked to your liking. Sea salt and pepper the soup to your taste.