10 Minute Homemade Alfredo Sauce
Classic garlic filled creaminess and everyone’s favorite pasta sauce! Velvety homemade Alfredo is real food at its best!
Servings: 10 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 TB flour of choice to thicken I like to use white rice flour. Tapioca or Cassava works if you are grain free
- 1 quart coconut milk Or raw milk. For safe store bought coconut milk options, see the notes in the post above.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan optional - I don't have access to quality parm all the time, so it is left out frequently and it is still very good - a little extra sea salt takes care of adding the salty bite.
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the minced garlic. Saute the garlic on medium heat for few minutes until fragrant.
Whisk in the flour well, and then add the coconut milk.
Bring the sauce to a simmer whisking occasionally, until it thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
Whisk in the Parmesan if you are using it and then sea salt and pepper to taste.