Post Flu Recovery Smoothie
You’ve made it through a tummy bug, and are ready to eat – but what do you eat on a sensitive empty tummy? This smoothie is not only gentle, but is loaded with minerals and nutrients to nourish your family back to eating again!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water Other options for mineral boosting fluid would be plain water with a big pinch of sea salt, or brewed nettle tea. The fruit will mask any flavor.
- 3-4 TB sweet potato mash or about 1/4 cup cubed and cooked sweet potato - I just used leftover mashed sweet potato from dinner earlier in the week. Squash is gentle and would work too
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 1 cup mango or papaya fresh or frozen
- 2-3 TB grassfed cold soluble collagen
- 2 tsp avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp slippery elm powder optional - see notes above
Everything into the blender and blend until smooth. Serves 3 small child sized servings. Can also be poured into ice pop molds for popsicles.