Kale and Herb Stuffed Meatballs
Superfood packed, and full of flavor! These kale & herb stuffed meatballs are a dinner menu must have!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 servings
KALE & HERB STUFFED MEATBALLS ::
- 1 lb grassfed ground beef
- 3-4 TB grated grassfed liver optional if you don't have access
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 heaping handful baby kale chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 TB white rice flour If grain free use tapioca flour
RED WINE & MUSHROOM GRAVY ::
- 2-3 TB butter
- 4 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1-2 TB white rice flour Depending on how thick you like your gravy. If you are grain free use tapioca flour.
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a small mixing bowl combine all of the meatball ingredients using your hands. Form 2 inch meatballs, and line them up on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake the meatballs in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. While the meatballs are baking, you can make the gravy.
Melt the butter in a skillet, and add the mushrooms. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally until the mushrooms become fragrant and golden.
Add the garlic and green onions and cook for a couple minutes.
Deglaze the pan with the red wine, and then add the bone broth, sprinkle in the rice flour, and bring to a low simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Season the gravy with salt and pepper to your taste and add the cooked meatballs. Serve with veggie sides.