Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs
Easy to work with gluten free cut out cookie dough will have soft and sweet sugar cookies ready in no time perfect for decorating!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 24 cookies
FOR THE COOKIES ::
- 1 cup softened butter if you are dairy free, you can use palm shortening
- 1 cup organic pure cane sugar could use sucanat but the color will come out darker
- 1 egg if you are egg free you can use a gelatin egg or flax egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup white rice flour
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum Do not leave this out – it helps the cookies rise. You will have a melted mess without it...I have the mess to prove it! It also makes rolling out the dough so much easier.
FOR THE FROSTING ::
- 1 cup organic powdered cane sugar
- 2 TB softened butter
- 1-2 TB milk or coconut milk
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
Add the egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, and blend.
Add the flours and xanthan gum. Mix until well combined.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Take the dough out of the fridge, and let it come to room temp for about 30 minutes.
Lay out some parchment paper on the counter and flour it with white rice flour. Flour your hands and use the warmth of your hands to gently knead the dough, and then roll out the dough. (Use white rice flour on the rolling pin and parchment paper to keep the dough from sticking)
Cut out your shapes and bake on a silpat (or parchment paper) lined baking sheet at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
Let the cookies cool completely before decorating. To make the frosting, just blend the frosting ingredients until smooth. You can add more milk if you wish for a thinner, more royal icing type of frosting.