Lemon Breakfast Cookies
A cross between a lemon bar and shortbread, these lemon breakfast cookies have an amazing sweet lemon flavor to brighten your day! Stash them away in the freezer for busy mornings too!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 7 cookies
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey you can go with more if your kids are used to sweeter stuff - start with this and you can always add more though
- 2 pastured eggs If you are egg free I think flax eggs or gelatin eggs will work for the bind - they just might not puff up as much which doesn't matter!
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup white rice flour I think almond flouror more tapioca flour would work here if you are grain free
- Zest & Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Blend the butter and honey with and beaters until fluffy.
Add the eggs and beat until frothy.
Add the rest of the ingredients and blend through until combined.
Roll balls of the dough and flatten to the size cookie you want on a silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet - they won't spread out so make them how you want them. Depending on how big you want your cookies you can get about 7 cookies out of this batch.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.