Italian Buttered Noodles
Sometimes simple is best when it comes to kids!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup or so butter to cook in
- 2 small/medium onions chopped
- 1/2 lb organic white mushrooms sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 3-4 roma tomatoes cubed
- 1 cup cooked chicken You can use more if you wish. I use my crockpot or oven roaster to cook multiple whole chickens at one time so I always have cubed, cooked chicken in the freezer for quick meals!
- 2 medium zucchini spirilized
- 2 medium yellow/summer squash spirilized
- 1 TB dry basil or a handful of fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 cup parmesan or other raw cheese plus more to garnish the top
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Saute the onion and mushroom in the butter over medium/high heat with a big pinch of sea salt to bring out their juices and sweeten for about 5-7 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
Add the tomatoes and chicken and cook for a few minutes until the tomato juices start coming out and make a sauce. You can garnish with grated Parmesan.