Strawberry Quinoa Granola
Crispy, crunchy and swirled with sweet strawberries! This is one granola that I dare to put up against any boxed cereal in taste!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 6 cups oats not quick oats! If you are gluten free be sure your oats say gluten free on them likeTHESE
- 2 cups quinoa I get the linked brand at Costco - the regular color or the red quinoawork fine - I used the red this time!
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup melted friendly fat butter, coconut oil, avocado oil
- 1/3 cup raw honey If your kids are used to a much sweeter cereal go ahead and double this. I get mine from a local farmer. If you don't have access THIS is a good brand.
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 4-5 cups strawberries chopped. (I didn't take the time to slice them nicely - I just pulsed them in my food processor!)
Put the oats, quinoa, and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl. Add water to cover the grains, combine, and let the mixture soak 8-12 hours. This soaking process breaks down phytic acid in the grain, makes it easier to digest, and makes the nutrients more available to absorb!
After the grains have soaked, drain the liquid and return to the mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine.
Spread onto your dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 135 degrees overnight (Or over the course of a day. I tend to soak during the day and dehydrate overnight). If you are using an oven you can set your oven at the lowest heat and stir throughout the day - or you can go at a higher temp and bake it off, again stirring often until it dries out.
Once the granola is dried out you can crumble it into containers for storage.