Pasta Salad :: Grain, Egg, Nut, Dairy Free
I just adore pasta salad because you can do so much with it. A simple beautiful dressing and you can add whatever veggies are in season around you.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 summer squash spirilized or julienne peeled
- 2-3 zucchini spirilized or julienne peeled
- 3 cups cherry and/or heirloom tomatoes halved
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- ½ cup grated organic parmesan cheese if you are dairy free use goat cheese or just omit
- 1 TB good olive oil
- 2 TB organic white wine vinegar
- 1 TB Italian dressing season See Tips section for this mix – so quick!
Sprinkle some sea salt all over the spirilized summer squash and zucchini, combine, and then put them in a large strainer for about 10 minutes. The salt draws out all the liquid in the squashes and makes the texture “noodle” like! You can help the process along by gently pressing to squeeze out the liquid, and/or dab with a towel.
While the squashes are draining, whisk up the olive oil, vinegar, and Italian dressing seasoning, and get the green onions chopped and parm grated.
Put the drained squash “noodles in a large serving bowl, and add in the green onion, parm, and the whisked up dressing. Combine and serve!