Deconstructed Cabbage Rolls
Skip the boiling and rolling of leaves and just combine everything at once. Same great taste and nutrition.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups cooked organic long grain white rice 1 cup dry (If you are grain free use chopped potatoes!)
- ¼ cup friendly fat to cook in
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ½ head cabbage sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large tomato seeded and juices scooped out, chopped (OR if it isn’t tomato season and the tomatoes at the store are looking sad, you can use a 15oz can of diced tomatoes)
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken from your weekly chicken See Tips section for how do this – EASY!
- 1-2 tsp all purpose season
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
Sauté the onion and cabbage in the friendly fat until onions and cabbage soften and caramelize a bit. Add a few pinches of sea salt while it’s cooking to bring out their juices and let them sweeten up. This will take a good 10 minutes or longer.
While the onions and cabbage are cooking, cook up your rice in a separate pot.
Add in the rest of the ingredients to the cabbage and onions, and cook through on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes.
Add the cooked rice when it is done and stir through. Season to taste.