Gluten-Free Gingerbread Muffins
Healthy gingerbread muffins with warm gingerbread flavor and healthy ingredients, perfect for Christmas morning breakfast!
Prep Time7 hrs
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time7 hrs 20 mins
Keyword: gingerbread muffins, gluten-free gingerbread muffin recipe
Servings: 12 muffins
Author: Renee - www.raisinggenerationnourished.com
- 2 cups oats
- 2/3 cup full fat coconut milk or whole milk if you tolerate dairy
- ¼ cup full fat coconut yogurt or regular full fat yogurt if you tolerate dairy
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup avocado oil melted butter, coconut oil, or olive oil will work here
- ½ cup pecans walnuts or almonds should work here. If you are nut free I think pumpkin seeds would be nice – sunflower seeds would work too
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup grass-fed collagen I think the recipe will work without this if you don't have access
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut sugar Organic pure cane sugar, maple sugar, honey, or pure maple syrup should work here. This amount leaves the muffins mildly sweet – if you have older kids used to sweeter things, you may want to add more.
- 2 tbsp blackstrap molasses older, adult palates might enjoy this bumped up by a tablespoon or 2 for a richer molasses taste - this is mild and kid friendly
- 1 tsp almond extract if all you have is vanilla extract that is fine
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
If you want to soak your oats for digestion, 7-10 hours before you want to make the muffins (usually the night before), put the oats, coconut milk, and coconut yogurt into your blender and do a quick stir with a spoon to combine – doesn’t have to be perfect. Put the top on the blender and let the mixture soak overnight. This soaking process breaks down the phytic acid in the oat grain making it easier on digestion over time. (If you don’t wish to soak your oats, you can just put all of the ingredients into the blender to combine.)
The next morning, pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender, and blend to combine.
Pour the muffin batter into a silicone muffin cup or paper muffin cup lined muffin pan, and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Let the muffins cool in the pan 5 minutes before turning them out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.