Paleo Trail Mix Breakfast Cookies
Your favorite handful of sweet and salty trail mix combined into one amazing Paleo Trail Mix Breakfast Cookie!
Servings: 12 cookies
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup sunflower seeds finely chopped (I use my food processor to buzz them up. You can combine flavors of seeds and use a variety of seeds if you wish.)
- ½ cup walnuts finely chopped (I use my food processor to buzz them up. You can combine flavors of nuts and use a variety of nuts if you wish.)
- ½ cup nut or seed butter of choice
- 2 eggs OR if you are egg free, you can use 2 chia “eggs,” OR 2 “fruit puree eggs” (1/2 cup mashed banana, applesauce, or pumpkin puree).
- Heaping 1/3 cup raw honey if you have older kids used to sweeter things, you can bump this up to ½ cup for sure
- ½ cup dried fruit such as dried cherries chopped figs or dates, raisins, goji berries, etc.
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 tsp almond extract vanilla extract would work too if that is all you have
- ½ tsp sea salt if your nuts are salted you can skip this ingredient
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Everything into a medium mixing bowl, and stir to combine. Form the cookie dough into the size cookies you want. These will not spread out, so just roll, and flatten into a disk, and set them on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 18-19 minutes. Check the cookies around the 15 minute mark in case our ovens run differently. Cool on the pan for a few minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.