Paleo Cinnamon Raisin Zucchini Muffins
Put your summer produce to work in these super soft, power packed paleo cinnamon raisin zucchini muffins!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup full fat plain coconut yogurt or coconut milk I get 32oz tubs of plain full fat So Delicious Coconut Yogurt at the store
- ⅓ cup olive oil avocado oil or melted coconut oil/butter would be fine too
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar If you have real little ones around you can get away with 1/4 cup for sure. Raw honey or pure maple syrup would work here too.
- 1 TB apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of cassava flour OR 1 cup cassava flour plus 1 cup blanched almond flour works lovely too if you can tolerate nuts (This is also my favorite version. Please note that brand of cassava flour DOES matter. I use THIS brand – if you use a different brand, you may get different results – that has always been the case for me with cassava.)
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 TB cinnamon
- 2 cups packed shredded zucchini
- ½ cup raisins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin tin with silicone muffin liners or grease them with butter or coconut oil.
Blend the eggs, coconut yogurt, olive oil, coconut sugar, vinegar, and vanilla extract in a medium mixing bowl for 1 minute.
Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon and blend until combined. It will feel a bit dry but the zucchini will provide plenty of moisture - do not add more liquid!
Stir the shredded zucchini and raisins into the batter with a spatula.
Scoop the batter into a 12 cup muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Cool the muffins in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove the muffins to a cooling rack to cool the rest of the way.