Grain Free Pumpkin Raisin Breakfast Cookies
Get out the door fast with breakfast cookies made with sweet pumpkin and warm fall spices to make any school morning more cozy!
Servings: 12 cookies
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut If you have a coconut allergy and can handle some grain, rolled oats or sprouted oats will work
- ½ heaping cup walnuts Swap for an even ½ cup of sunflower seeds if you are nut free
- ½ heaping cup pecans Swap for and even ½ cup seeds of choice here if you are nut free
- ¼ cup pepitas pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup flax seed meal chia seeds should work here too
- ½ cup raisins
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup nut or seed butter of choice I've made these with almond butter, tahini, cashew butter, and almond butter. Sunflower seed butter should be fine too.
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup pure maple syrup Raw honey would work here too. I think the warmth of the maple syrup works well with the pumpkin and pumpkin spices!
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Coarsely chop the walnuts, pecans, and pepitas. (I like to buzz them up in my food processor to get coarse bits.)
Put all the ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and combine well with a spatula.
Form the dough into cookies using your hands, and place on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Let the cookies cool 10 minutes on the cookie sheet, and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool further (or you may eat them before they cool!)