Classic Vegetable Soup
The classic nostalgia of that red can of vegetable soup, loaded with mineral-rich bone broth and packed with nourishing vegetables, all in about 20 minutes!
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 TB friendly fat to cook in such as butter, avocado oil, coconut oil, tallow, or lard
- 1 small/medium onion diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 2-3 cups frozen organic green beans cut into bite-sized pieces (fresh works too if it is in season!)
- 1 medium potato cubed
- 6 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup frozen organic corn
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 TB tomato paste
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes drained (if tomatoes are season, use fresh!)
- 2 quarts bone broth You can use Instant Pot Broth, or here is my slow cooker method
- 2 big handfuls of baby spinach or baby kale
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
In a large soup pot, melt the friendly fat, and add the onion, carrot, green beans, potato, mushrooms, and corn with a big pinch of sea salt. Cook over medium/medium-high heat for about 7 minutes until the veggies soften.
Add the garlic and tomato paste, stir to combine, and cook for a couple minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes and bone broth, and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
Turn the heat off and wilt in the baby spinach, and then sea salt and pepper the soup to your taste.