Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Lightening fast blender prep and the perfectly balanced chocolate chip cookie sweet treat for little ones!
Servings: 18 cookies
- 2 cups raw walnuts I think almonds or pecans would work here too. I like to use soaked/dehydrated walnuts for best digestion
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup softened butter I think softened coconut oil would work
- 2 eggs If you are egg free I do think 2 flax or chia eggs would work - the cookies might not puff up as much but they will have the bind
- 5 dates pitted (If your kids are used to things sweeter I would add an extra 1-2 dates as these are on the mildly sweet side which my kids are used to)
- 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips I like to use the local organic brand our grocer carries or the Enjoy Life brand is great too
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Put the walnuts into a food processor and blend into a fine meal.
Add everything else EXCEPT the chocolate chips and blend until the dough is well combined.
Take the blade out and stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
Roll your cookies and flatten them on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet (Makes about 1 1/2 dozen large or 2 dozen small cookies) and bake at 350 degrees for 12-13 minutes. Cool a few minutes before handling.