Grain Free Herb Butter Biscuit
Soft and buttery biscuits to go with everything from soup to a plate of breakfast eggs!
Servings: 12 biscuits
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup grassfed cold soluble collagen
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme dried rosemary, oregano, or and basil work too depending on what you are serving the biscuits with!
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs if you are egg free I do think 2 flax eggs would work here - they might not puff up as much but it would still work - perhaps add a bit of baking powder for the rise? Let us know in the comments if you try something!
Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
Put everything except the egg into your food processor, and pulse/blend until the butter is smaller than pea sized pieces.
Add the eggs and blend until the dough is combined well.
Scoop some of the dough with a spoon, gently roll them, and flatten a bit onto a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking tray. I make 5-6 biscuits with this recipe.
Bake at 375 degrees for 14 minutes. Let the biscuits cool a good 5-10 minutes before handling so they can set up.