Blender Batter Fresh Cranberry Breakfast Cookies
The kids will enjoy the flavors of the holiday season with these fresh cranberry breakfast cookies, and mom will love that they are gluten and refined sugar free!
Servings: 12 cookies
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts I like to use soaked/dehydrated walnuts and pecans for best digestion
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup grassfed collagen
- 1/4 cup coconut shreds
- 3 eggs If you are egg free, 3 flax eggs plus 1 TB apple cider vinegar will work as a replacement here for the binding and rising - they won't puff up quite as much as the eggs but they still work well!
- 1/4 cup softened butter (If you are dairy free use softened coconut oil
- 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tsp almond extract vanilla extract works too
- 5 dates pitted (I get medjool dates from Costco)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries I get mine at Costco
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Put the pecans and walnuts in your food processor and blend until made into a fine meal.
Add the rest of the ingredients except the cranberries and blend to combine. It gets sticky, and you may have to scrape down the sides a couple times.
Add the fresh cranberries and pulse/blend until the cranberries are the size pieces you want. You can alternatively chop them separately if you wish and fold them in, but I have found the food processor to do a fine job and it's quick!
Scoop the batter onto silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets, flattening them out a bit to the size cookie you want - the cookies will puff up but don't spread out much as they bake. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 16 minutes. Let the cookies cool 5 minutes before handling.