Fast Prep Instant Pot Vegetable Lo Mein
All of the Asian flavors you love, in less than 10 minutes of time! This healthy Asian Lo Mein is weeknight fast and nourishing at the same time!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups bone broth a rich beef broth works best. You can do bone broth in the Instant Pot too !
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 4-5 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 inch knob ginger peeled and grated (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes this leaves a kid friendly, mild heat - if you like more kick add more!
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 bunch green onions sliced on a bias
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces of mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 lb gluten free pasta of choice I used the Tinkyada brand of rice noodles that our local grocer carries
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped finely
Everything except the spinach into the Instant Pot, stir to combine and seal the lid. Be sure the valve is closed.
Turn your IP on, press manual, and then use the (+/-) button to press the time down to 2 minutes. The Instant Pot will turn "ON" and come to pressure before it counts down the 2 minutes.
When the 2 minutes is done, turn the Instant Pot "OFF", and set a timer for 4 minutes to let the pot naturally release some of the pressure and finish cooking the noodles through.
After the 4 minutes, release the rest of the pressure, take the lid off, and stir in the fresh spinach to combine. There will be a little bit of liquid in the bottom that will continue to soak up into the noodles and the starch from the noodles will make it "saucy". Serve topped with sliced green onion or chopped nuts.