Kid Friendly Veggie Spaghetti Sauce
This kid friendly veggie spaghetti sauce is loaded with brilliant color, amazing taste, and is super fun to eat piled on top of your favorite noodles or veggie noodles!
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time15 minutes mins
Total Time20 minutes mins
Keyword: veggie pasta sauce, veggie spaghetti sauce, veggie spaghetti sauce recipe
Servings: 6 servings
Author: Renee - www.raisinggenerationnourished.com
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 TB butter
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 red pepper large dice
- 1 yellow pepper large dice
- 1 medium eggplant large dice (sliced mushrooms work here if eggplant isn't in season/available)
- 1 medium zucchini large dice
- 1 medium summer squash large dice
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 2-3 cups chopped baby spinach baby kale works too
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 4 TB organic tomato paste
- 1/3 cup bone broth or water
- 1/3 cup white wine or more bone broth or water
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil to garnish the top sliced in a chiffonade (roll the leaves up and slice thin)
Warm a large skillet to medium heat and melt the butter and olive oil.
Add the onion, red and yellow peppers, eggplant, zucchini, and summer squash with a large pinch of sea salt, combine, and cook over medium/medium high heat stirring occasionally for about 7-10 minutes until the veggies soften and sweeten.
Add the garlic, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, and tomato paste, stir to combine, and cook over medium/medium high heat about 5 minutes until the tomatoes soften and wilt and the spinach wilts.
Pour in the bone broth and wine, and bring to a simmer about 5 minutes over medium heat until the liquid reduces a bit and everything softens.
Turn off the heat and season with salt and pepper to your taste and serve over noodles of choice, or serve over veggie noodles like spaghetti squash, zoodles, or sweet potato noodles. Garnish with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese if you wish.