7 Minute BBQ Shredded Beef Made From Leftover Beef Roast
Turn those roast beef leftovers into delicious, juicy BBQ shredded beef sandwiches in just minutes!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 TB friendly fat to cook in such as butter lard, coconut oil, etc
- ½ onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups leftover grassfed beef from a roast shredded
- 1/2 cup organic ketchup
- 1 1/2 TB blackstrap molasses
- 2 TB organic mustard
- 2 tsp raw honey pure maple syrup or sucanat would work too
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder You can add more if you like more heat
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 TB of leftover roast juices bone broth, or water
- 1 TB apple cider vinegar
Warm a skillet over medium heat, melt 2 TB of butter, and add in the onion with a pinch of sea salt. Cook the onion over medium heat for a few minutes until it softens and sweetens.
Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
Add the rest of the ingredients, combine, and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens, approximately 5-7 minutes.
Serve on buns or wraps of your choice. It is also great over white rice, or if you are grain free it is delicious over a baked potato!