20 Minute Spring Stir Fry With Garlic Butter Sauce
Weeknight dinner friendly, this 20 minute spring stir fry with a garlic butter sauce will satisfy on the busiest of spring evenings!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Course: Main Course
Keyword: garlic butter chicken stir fry, garlic chicken stir fry recipe, spring stir fry
Servings: 6 servings
Author: Renee - www.raisinggenerationnourished.com
- 2 TB avocado or olive oil
- 4 TB butter divided
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 lb asparagus sliced on the bias into 1 inch/bite sized pieces
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 medium tomato seeds and juices scooped out and diced
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken chopped (I use leftovers from a roasted chicken dinner or Instant Pot chicken)
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken bone broth
- Pinch of cayenne optional but the slight heat is so good! If you prefer more heat you can add more - I tend to keep it pretty kid friendly for the little ones in my house but add a little more to my plate
- 8 oz pasta of choice cooked (I use the these gluten free rice noodles. You could use rice if you wish, or if you are grain free just leave this part out or possibly add some potatoes to the veggies cooking or other root veggie for a little starch)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Optional freshly grated parmesan to garnish
You can start boiling your water for your noodles when you start the stir fry and they should be done around the same time.
Melt 2 TB avocado oil and 2 TB butter in a large skillet and add the onion and asparagus. Put a generous pinch of sea salt over the veggies and cook over medium heat for about 7 minutes until the veggies soften and sweeten and the asparagus is bright green.
Add the garlic, peas, tomatoes, chicken, and cayenne, combine, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Pour in the white wine and the other 2 TB of butter, combine and cook about 5 minutes until the liquid cooks into the veggies and reduces down and the alcohol in the wine simmers off. You can add some splashes of the starchy pasta water or bone broth if you need more liquid.
Add the cooked and drained pasta to the veggies and chicken, combine, and sea salt and pepper to your taste. You can garnish each dish with freshly grated parmesan if you wish.