Post Flu Recovery Smoothie
You’ve made it through a tummy bug, and are ready to eat – but what do you eat on a sensitive empty tummy? This smoothie is not only gentle, but is loaded with minerals and nutrients to nourish your family back to eating again!
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water Other options for mineral boosting fluid would be plain water with a big pinch of sea salt, or brewed nettle tea. The fruit will mask any flavor.
- 3-4 TB sweet potato mash or about 1/4 cup cubed and cooked sweet potato - I just used leftover mashed sweet potato from dinner earlier in the week. Squash is gentle and would work too
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 1 cup mango or papaya fresh or frozen
- 2-3 TB grassfed cold soluble collagen
- 2 tsp avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp slippery elm powder optional - see notes above
Everything into the blender and blend until smooth. Serves 3 small child sized servings. Can also be poured into ice pop molds for popsicles.