Egg Salad Pinwheels
Simple and quick egg salad pinwheels perfect for little hands and easy lunchtime!
Servings: 4 servings
- 6 pastured eggs hard boiled and peeled
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise Homemade preferable to avoid rancid oils. This homemade, egg free mayo recipe blends up in less than 5 minutes! Super quick!
- 2 tsp mustard
- 5 stalks of green onion sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 to rtillas of choice I like to use the Food For Life Rice Wraps and the Sami's Bakery Millet Lavish. They should be in the freezer section of most health food stores - sometimes our regular grocery store even carries the rice wraps.
Put the hard boiled eggs in a small mixing bowl, and using the back of a fork smash the eggs into small pieces.
Add the rest of the ingredients except the tortillas and use the fork to combine well until smooth. Make sure to taste it for salt and pepper.
Spread some of the egg salad mixture onto the entire surface of one tortilla, roll up *tightly* and then cut into 1 inch sections. Continue with the rest of the egg salad onto the other tortillas - I usually get about 3 or 4 out of this amount of egg salad.
**Gluten Free tortilla rolling tip! Yes I will be the first to admit gluten free tortillas can be...dry! My solution to getting the perfect roll on a GF tortilla is to get it a bit wet and then warm them up to steam them - they get soft and pliable and then you can put your egg salad on and roll them right up. Just do one at a time and you'll be fine!